Manchester United is not just a football club, it is also a religion that people wholeheartedly follow. In the last 140 years since its birth in 1878, MUFC has gathered legions of fans across the globe. As a result, whoever associates themselves with the club, ends up with huge profits. It is therefore understandable why the Red Devils enjoy valuable and expensive sponsorships from across the globe.
Here is the complete list of all the big brands that have invested in team Manchester United.
1. Adidas: Official Kit Supplier of Manchester United
Adidas is the current official kit partner of Manchester United. It first sponsored the team from 1980-1992 but was later replaced by Umbro. In 2015, the two once again came together when Nike’s association with the club came to an end. Adidas signed a £750m deal to manufacture Man Utd’s kit till 2025.
2. Aon: Principal Partner of Manchester United
For the 2010-2011 season, Aon signed a four-year shirt sponsorship deal worth £80 million with Manchester United. At the end of the fourth season, the jersey sponsorship of Man Utd was acquired by Chevrolet and as a part of the new agreement which was worth approximately $23 million per year, Aon’s branding was done on the team’s practice jerseys and the training ground was renamed to Aon Training Complex.
3. Chevrolet: Principal Partner of Manchester United
On July 30th, 2012, Chevrolet signed a jersey sponsorship deal with Manchester United which was to begin from the 2014-2015 season. Interestingly, before Chevrolet, the club had just 4 more shirt sponsors. The £53m annual deal will officially end in 2021.
4. 20th Century Fox: Official Manchester United Feature Film Partner
Manchester United announced its collaboration with film distributor 20th Centruty Fox on 5th February 2016. The brand uses Man Utd’s digital perimeter boards and post-match interview backdrops at Old Trafford to promote films. 20th Century Fox also makes exclusive content on the digital space for the many fans of the club.
5. Aeroflot: Official Carrier of Manchester United
On July 8, 2013, Manchester United announced a 5-year partnership with Aeroflot. Russia’s leading airline brand- Aeroflot, provides Manchester United players and representatives with strategic advice on travel.
6. AladdinStreet.com: Global Online Marketplace Partner of Manchester United
Malaysian e-commerce company Aladdin Group and Manchester United joined forces on March 1st, 2017. Apart from providing the various team merchandise at one digital space, the brand also does many campaigns and events on the club’s social media pages to attract more followers.
7. Apollo Tyres: Official Tyre Partner of Manchester United
In 2014, Apollo Tyres became the official tyre partner of Man Utd in Britain and India. As part of the deal, Apollo used recycled rubber to create football-based play zones in local communities in Britain and India. On September 8th, 2016, the partnership was further extended and the territorial rights were increased to global.
8. Canon Medical Systems: Official Medical Systems Partner of Manchester United
Canon Medical Systems Corporation is a medical equipment company headquartered in Ōtawara, Tochigi, Japan. Since injuries are part of the game, Canon ensures that the club has access to best medical equipment for correct diagnosis.
9. Casillero del Diablo: Official Wine Partner of Manchester United
Concha y Toro’s brand Casillero del Diablo partnered with Manchester United in 2010. The brand has done multiple promotional activities across television, print, social media featuring the players of the club. In 2016, ManU extended their deal with their wine partner till 2019.
10. Columbia: Official Outdoor Apparel Partner of Manchester United
Columbia Sportswear became the first Official Outdoor Apparel Partner of Manchester United on January 22nd, 2016. As per the deal, Columbia designs and creates dual-branded outerwear for outdoor endeavours, including hiking, climbing, mountaineering, as well as water and snow activities. All of these are available for fans to buy.
11. Deezer: Official Music Partner of Manchester United
Deezer became the music partner of Manchester United in December 2016. The brand has created multiple digital campaigns featuring the star players of the club. As part of the deal, Deezer also provides playlists compiled by football players and special match day playlists. Deezer also provides live match streamings on its platform through third parties.
12. DHL: Official Logistics Partner of Manchester United
DHL was in 2010 the official kit sponsor of Man Utd. But the club bought back these rights to sell it at a higher cost later on. So, DHL stayed with the club as its logistics partner. The brand does many interesting activities with the club every year. For this season, it is making a football travel the world to different fans.
13. EA Sports: Official Football Video Games Partner of Manchester United
On August 10th, 2016, EA Sports signed a three-year global partnership deal with the Red Devils. The club helped EA Sports in the promotions of Fifa 17 through digital media campaigns. The brand has also set up gaming pods at the Aon Training Complex for the fans.
14. Epson: Official Office Equipment Partner of Manchester United
Japanese electronics company Epson became the Official Office Equipment Supplier of Man Utd in 2010. The deal was further extended for three years on May 22nd, 2015. As per the agreement, the brand supplies core office and front-of-house printing and imaging equipment to the club. Epson also does branding activities in the Aon Training Complex.
15. Gulf Oil International: Official global lubricant oil and fuel retail partner
Gulf Oil International signed a three-year partnership deal with Man Utd on March 14th, 2016. The brand has launched various campaigns like the Gulf Fan Academy to connect with the fans of the club.
16. HCL: Official DIgital Transformation Partner Of Manchester United
On September 2nd, 2015 HCL became the digital transformation partner Of Manchester United. According to the deal, HCL had to create an innovation lab at Old Trafford stadium for better interaction with the fans.
17. Kansai Paint: Official Paint Partner of Manchester United
In 2013, Japanese paint brand Kansai became the Paint Partner of Manchester United. Kansai’s intention from the deal was to reach out to new markets and further expand globally.
18. Marathonbet: Official Global Betting Partner of Manchester United
International online bookmaker – Marathonbet replaced bwin.party as the official betting partner of the Red Devils in August 2015. The brand even launched an online live casino with the club’s branding all over it.
19. Mlily: Official Global Mattress and Pillow Partner of Manchester United
Mlily and Manchester United announced their association on October 31st, 2016. The five-year deal also included the installation of Mlily Mattresses at the Aon Training Complex.
20. New Era: Official Leisure Headwear Partner of Manchester United
Manchester United lifted the veil on this deal on October 12th, 2015. New Era manufactures hats and caps with Manchester United’s branding on them. These products are then sold through various e-commerce websites across the world.
21. Swissquote: Official Forex and Online Financial Trading Partner of Manchester United
Swiss-based Swissquote Group Swiss specialises in the provision of online financial and trading services. The brand extended its sponsorship right to the club in April 2016. Their deal allows Swissquote to use the LEDs and billboards at Old Trafford stadium for promotional activities and brand building.
22. Tag Heuer: Official Timekeeper and Global Watch Partner of Manchester United
In July 2016, Man Utd announced the official partnership with Tag Heuer. Apart from the Bespoke timepieces across the Old Trafford stadium and the dressing room, the brand has even launched watches under the Club’s name.
23. Uber: Official Global Partner of Manchester United
Uber and Manchester United announced a global partnership on January 12th, 2017. Uber has designed various campaigns across markets to enrich the experience of Manchester United riders and fans. An Uber Zone has also been created in the Old Trafford for the brand to market itself.
24. Yanmar: Official Global Partner of Manchester United
Japanese diesel engine manufacturer – Yanmar collaborated with Man Utd in 2012. It later extended its partnership with the club in 2016. Apart from benefitting from the matchday digital marketing boards, the brand even launched a co-branded tractor at the club’s Aon Training Complex in January 2018.
25. CHI: Official Soft Drinks Partner of Manchester United for Nigeria
In 2014, Manchester United announced its association with Chi with Chivita 100% as the flagship product of the partnership. Brands like Chivita Active, Chi Exotic, Chi Happy Hour and Chi Ice Tea also belong to the Chi Family. The deal allows Chi to use Manchester United’s brand assets on a range of products in Nigeria.
26. Cho-A Pharm Co Ltd.: Official Pharmaceutical Partner of Manchester United for Korea and Vietnam
Korea’s leading pharmaceutical and nutritional and dietary supplements companies started sponsoring the Manchester United club in 2014. The Partnership allows the brand to use the club imagery on its various products.
27. Donaco: Official Casino Resort Partner of Manchester United for Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar and South Korea
On August 19, 2015, Donaco became Manchester United’s first Official Casino Resort Partner in Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar and South Korea.
28. The Hong Kong Jockey Club: Official Partner of Manchester United
The Hong Kong Jockey Club first started sponsoring the Manchester United club in 2012. The purpose of this agreement from the brand’s point of view was to support football development in Hong Kong.
29. Manda: Official Nutritional Supplements Partner of Manchester United for Japan
In September 2013. Manda signed a five-year sponsorship deal with Manchester United. Manda has used this opportunity to reach out to the millions of Manchester United fans in Japan.
30. Melitta: Official Coffee Partner of Manchester United for UK, Ireland, and Germany
On November 20th,2017, Manchester United signed a deal with coffee brand Melitta which allowed the former to sell its wide range of products throughout the stadium. The deal also included the relaunch of Red Café at Old Trafford.
31. Science in Sport: Sports Nutrition Partner of Manchester United for UK and Europe
Science Is Sport signed a partnership agreement with Man Utd on March 2nd, 2018. According to the deal, the brand will give away products worth £1.5million to amateur footballers.
32. Uni-President: Official Soft Drink Partner of Manchester United for China
China’s leading soft drink brand – Uni-President is also one of the regional sponsors of the red devils. The brand has been using this association to increase customer reach in China.
33. YOU•C1000: Official Isotonic Drinks Partner of Manchester United in Indonesia
Manchester United announced the partnership with YOU•C1000 on May 25th, 2015. Through exciting promotions, competitions and events, the brand intended to reach out to the red devils’ fans in Indonesia.
34. Bakcell: Official Integrated Telecommunications Partner of Manchester United for Azerbaijan
35. Eclat Media Group: Official MUTV Broadcast Partner for South Korea
36. Emtel: Official Tripple Play and MUTV Broadcast Partner of Manchester United
37. PCCW: Official MUTV Broadcast Partner for Hong Kong
38. Sina Sports: Official MUTV Broadcast Partner for China
39. STC: Official Integrated Telecommunications Partner of Manchester United for Saudi Arabia
40. TM: Official Integrated Telecommunications partner of Manchester United for Malaysia
41. TV 2: Official MUTV Broadcast Partner for Norway
42. Cable and Wireless: Official Quad-Play Partner of Manchester United for the Caribbean
43. Virgin Money: Official Financial Services Partner of Manchester United in the UK
44. Banco Guayaquil: Official Financial Services Affinity Partner of Manchester United for Ecuador
45. Commercial Bank of Qatar: Official Financial Services Affinity Partner of Manchester United for Qatar
46. Danamon: Official Consumer Banking Partner of Manchester United in Indonesia
47. DenizBank: Official Financial Services Affinity Partner of Manchester United for Turkey
48. Emirates NBD: Official Financial Services Affinity Partner of Manchester United for the UAE
49. Eurobank: Official Financial Services Affinity Partner of Manchester United for Serbia
50. Invex Banco: Official Financial Services Affinity Partner of Manchester United for Mexico
51. Krungsri: Official Financial Services Affinity Partner of Manchester United for Thailand
52. Maybank: Official Retail Banking Partner of Manchester United for Malaysia, Singapore, and the Philippines
53. Ping An Bank: Official Retail Banking Partner of Manchester United in Mailand China
54. Santander: Official Financial Services Affinity Partner of Manchester United for Norway
55. Shinsei: Official Financial Services Affinity Partner of Manchester United for Japan