India is trying to make a mark on the World Tourism Map. That is why all the states are working hard to attract travelers from not just the country but all over the globe. Famous celebrities have been helping in the process. Here is a list of big names who at some point became the face of an Indian state’s tourism.
2. Arunachal Pradesh: In September 2016, John Abraham became the official brand ambassador of Arunachal Pradesh Tourism.
3. Assam: In 2017, Priyanka Chopra became the face of Assam. She was seen in multiple videos that promoted tourism in the state.
4. Goa: Well, if news reports are to be believed then Prachi Desai was signed in as the brand ambassador of Goa in 2010.
5. Gujarat: I think everybody must know that Big B – Amitabh Bachchan is the key promoter of Gujarat Tourism. His ad films from different parts of Gujarat have been circulating in the country since years now.
7. Jharkhand: Mahendra Singh Dhoni made his state proud in so many ways. No wonder he was rewarded as the brand ambassador.
8. Odisha: I can bet not many people know this. Popular Bollywood actress, Nandita Das was made the brand ambassador of Odisha Tourism in 2005.
9. Sikkim: This has been a very recent development. A. R. Rahman was made the official Brand Ambassador of Sikkim in December 2017.
10. Telangana: In 2014, Sania Mirza became the brand ambassador of Telangana.
11. Uttrakhand: In 2016, Virat Kohli was chosen as the face of Uttrakhand Tourism. There was a lot of controversy regarding this in the early months of 2017.
12. West Bengal: Shah Rukh Khan‘s love for West Bengal is very evident. The actor has been promoting the state’s tourism since 2017 officially.
Bihar, Jammu Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Manipur, Meghalaya, Tamil Nadu, Tripura and Uttar Pradesh have no Tourism Brand Ambassadars.