Turtles all the way down came out yesterday. John Green has written some beautiful lines in the book. So, while reading it, I made a list of my personal favorite quotes. Hope you like them too.
Also Read: Book Review of Turtles all the way down
1. Your life is a story told about you, not one that you tell
2. Anybody can look at you. It’s quite rare to find someone who sees the same world you see
3. True terror isn’t being scared; it’s not having a choice in the matter.
4.When observation fails to align with a truth, what do you trust – your senses or your truth?
5.No one ever says goodbye unless they want to see you again.
6. I can no more choose my thoughts than choose my name.
7. I is the hardest word to define
8. Davis: When you lose someone, you realise you’ll eventually lose everyone.
Aza: True. And once you know that, you can never forget it.
9. One of the challenges with pain – physical or psychic is that we can really only approach it through metaphor. It can’t be represented the way a table or a body can. In some ways, pain is the opposite of language.
10. Sometimes makeup feels kind of like armour
11. Wealth is careless – so around it, you must be careful.
12. My mother’s footsteps
we so quiet
I barely heard her leave
13. Our hearts were broken in the same places. That’s something like love but maybe not quite the thing itself.
14.In the best conversations, you don’t even remember what you talked about, only how it felt.
15. You’d think solving mysteries would bring you closure, that closing the loop would comfort and quiet your mind. But it never does. The truth always disappoints.
16. Sometimes you think you are spending money, but all along the money’s spending you.
17. You pick your endings and your beginnings. You get to pick the frame, you know? Maybe you don’t choose what’s in the picture but you decide on the frame.
18. Love is not a tragedy or a failure, but a gift.
19. You remember your first love because they show you, prove to you, that you can love and be loved, that nothing in this world is deserved except for love, that love is both how you become a person and why.
Do share, like, comment if you liked this post 😀
Categories: Book review